The University of Texas Dallas will recognize the accomplishments of five faculty members today at 2 p.m., honoring both the winners of the awards and those who helped to donate for the positions.
UT Dallas' acting provost, Inga Musselman, spoke about the endowment and its implications for the future.
"UT Dallas benefits greatly from the generosity of those investing in the future accomplishments of endowed professors as well as the future of the university, and their contributions are critical to recruiting the talented faculty members who help advance the groundbreaking research at UT Dallas," she said.
The endowed chairs and professorships are the greatest academic award that a university can give an individual and provides the recipients additional options for research and study.
Over the years, UT Dallas has awarded more than 100 individuals with endowed professorships.
The event will take place at the Naveen Jindal School of Management's executive dining room.
Organizations in this story
UT-Dallas 800 W Campbell Rd Richardson, TX - 75080
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success