The annual Juried Student Art Exhibition opened last week at the University of Tampa's Scarfone/Hartley Gallery, showcasing fresh and innovative works created by students.
The show, which lasts through April 20, will include exhibits of all mediums, including photographs, paintings, drawings, sculpture, digital media, ceramics, animation and mixed media. The opening reception was held at the gallery opening night.
The exhibition will be judged by Karen Kunc, an art professor at the University of Nebraska, with outstanding students receiving cash awards sponsored by the Las Damas de Arte and the Friends of the Gallery. There will also be a presentation of the 2016 Patron Gift by Aneka Ingold to the Friends of the Gallery, which will be honored by the university.
The gallery is at the R.K. Bailey Art Studios on campus, and the exhibition is open to any UT student. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 1-4 p.m. Saturdays. The free program is made possible through the support of several entities, including the Arts Council of Hillsborough County, the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, and the University of Tampa Friends of the Gallery.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30