The annual Juried Student Art Exhibition opened last week at the University of Tampa's Scarfone/Hartley Gallery, showcasing fresh and innovative works created by students.
The show, which lasts through April 20, will include exhibits of all mediums, including photographs, paintings, drawings, sculpture, digital media, ceramics, animation and mixed media. The opening reception was held at the gallery opening night.
The exhibition will be judged by Karen Kunc, an art professor at the University of Nebraska, with outstanding students receiving cash awards sponsored by the Las Damas de Arte and the Friends of the Gallery. There will also be a presentation of the 2016 Patron Gift by Aneka Ingold to the Friends of the Gallery, which will be honored by the university.
The gallery is at the R.K. Bailey Art Studios on campus, and the exhibition is open to any UT student. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 1-4 p.m. Saturdays. The free program is made possible through the support of several entities, including the Arts Council of Hillsborough County, the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, and the University of Tampa Friends of the Gallery.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Which U.S. schools receive the most state student aid?
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Seal Takes Ocean Heat Transport Data to New Depths
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Mindfulness training may help lower blood pressure, new study shows
- These schools have the top 'on time' graduation rates in the U.S.
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Adelphi University Trustees Renew President Christine Riordan’s Contract, Thankful for Her Transformational Leadership
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Free Parking: Christine Neill to be Held December 5
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany College Hosts Art Exhibition Featuring Four High Schools
- MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY: Sea Grant Fisheries, Aquaculture Specialist Joins GLRC
- Ohio State latest Big 10 school hit by multiple sexual abuse scandals
- These schools have the worst 'on time' graduation rates in the U.S.