The University of Rhode Island has launched The Academic Health Collaborative to revitalize its health programs and get the most out of cross-disciplinary education, research and outreach.
The collaborative is designed to encourage teamwork and promote the study of advanced methods in research areas, inter-professional education, the overall health of its population, the promotion of health and identifying and eradicating health discrepancies. The initiative could lead to the formation of health clinics led by faculty members, new programs in public health, health policy and worksite health.
The main reason the collaborative was formed was to support the health care industry’s efforts to provide better quality care, reduce hospitalizations, promote wellness and reduce costs. There is a growing need to address health care models due to the ever-growing number of Americans who have health insurance.
The university is already well-known on a global scale for its Alzheimer’s and neurological research, and its study of pharmaceuticals based on plants, premature infant birthing and development, medication uses based on organisms found in the ocean, diseases originating from insects.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Which U.S. schools receive the most state student aid?
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Seal Takes Ocean Heat Transport Data to New Depths
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Mindfulness training may help lower blood pressure, new study shows
- These schools have the top 'on time' graduation rates in the U.S.
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Adelphi University Trustees Renew President Christine Riordan’s Contract, Thankful for Her Transformational Leadership
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Free Parking: Christine Neill to be Held December 5
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany College Hosts Art Exhibition Featuring Four High Schools
- MICHIGAN TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY: Sea Grant Fisheries, Aquaculture Specialist Joins GLRC
- Ohio State latest Big 10 school hit by multiple sexual abuse scandals
- These schools have the worst 'on time' graduation rates in the U.S.