The University of Rhode Island has launched The Academic Health Collaborative to revitalize its health programs and get the most out of cross-disciplinary education, research and outreach.
The collaborative is designed to encourage teamwork and promote the study of advanced methods in research areas, inter-professional education, the overall health of its population, the promotion of health and identifying and eradicating health discrepancies. The initiative could lead to the formation of health clinics led by faculty members, new programs in public health, health policy and worksite health.
The main reason the collaborative was formed was to support the health care industry’s efforts to provide better quality care, reduce hospitalizations, promote wellness and reduce costs. There is a growing need to address health care models due to the ever-growing number of Americans who have health insurance.
The university is already well-known on a global scale for its Alzheimer’s and neurological research, and its study of pharmaceuticals based on plants, premature infant birthing and development, medication uses based on organisms found in the ocean, diseases originating from insects.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30