At a recent meeting of the Teachers College faculty and staff, Emporia State University honored five faculty members for their work at the college.
Four women in the elementary education/early childhood/special education department received awards, as did one psychology professor.
Elizabeth Dobler was given the Excellence in Scholarly Activity Award for focusing on literacy development and publishing a book and several articles in the past three years while also contributing to a nationwide research team.
Kelly O’Neal-Hixson received the Excellence in Instruction Award for keeping instruction student-centered, especially in an online learning environment.
Heather Caswell was presented with the Excellence in Service Award for her tireless efforts with local, state and national organizations to provide input and champion causes with a quiet brand of leadership.
Others honored at the meeting included psychology professor Brian Schrader, who received the Darrell Wood Service Award for supporting the college's mission in a unique or outstanding way. Schrader has been at Emporia State for 20 years.
Melissa Reed, associate professor of elementary education/early childhood/special education, received the Ervay Family Award for Applied Scholarship in recognition of her passion in understanding how people learn and focus on creating effective learning environments.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Emporia State University ?
Next time we write about Emporia State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million