Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz will deliver a presentation on the Iran nuclear deal Monday at Brown University’s Stephen A. Ogden Jr. ’60 Memorial Lecture on International Affairs.
The presentation, titled “The Iran Deal, Non-Proliferation and Global Nuclear Security,” will draw on Moniz’s personal experiences as one of the key negotiators of the deal. He will cover President Barack Obama’s nuclear security agenda, the ways in which the country’s national security have improved due to the Iran deal, and the role that scientists and technical experts from the Department of Energy played in including unprecedented scientific verification in the deal.
In addition to his role in Obama’s cabinet, Moniz also served in the Clinton Administration as under secretary of the Department of Energy. He has significant academic and research experience at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was a faculty member for more than 40 years, including serving as the founding director of the MIT Energy Initiative and the director of the MIT Laboratory for Energy and the Environment.
The free lecture, which is open to the public, will take place in the Salomon Center for Teaching’s DeCiccio Family Auditorium at 4 p.m.
Organizations in this story
Brown University 75 Waterman St Providence, RI - 02912
- LAWRENCE TECH: College of Management earns prestigious accreditation from AACSB
- Analysis: Missouri residents pay up to 49.8 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- Analysis: Kentucky residents pay up to 31 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- UCLA: Screenwriting lecturer wins award for film, publishes book
- Analysis: Nebraska residents pay up to 43 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- Analysis: Ohio residents pay up to 39 percent less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states
- TENNESSEE TECH: New provost and vice president for enrollment management approved
- OAKLAND UNIVERSITY: Board of Trustees appoints two to rank of Distinguished Professor
- Oakland University: Oakland University President selects Westfall as VP for University Advancement
- Analysis: Indiana residents pay about a third less to attend Division I schools than peers in other states