Berry College recently dedicated the newly opened Clark Track and Dickey Field, part of the Valhalla Stadium Complex, which has allowed the school in Rome, Georgia, to restore full competition in intercollegiate track and field.
Berry Field Day is an invitational meet, and this year there were more than 700 competitors from 26 colleges on hand to see the dedication. Berry President Steve Briggs used his remarks to thank the college’s friends and alumni who made the facilities possible before welcoming alumni Bert Clark and Ouida Dickey to speak.
Clark and fellow alumnus and trustee Roger Lusby led the fundraising efforts for Clark Track, while Dickey and her daughters, who also graduated from Berry, led the efforts for Dickey Field, which is named after her husband, Garland M. Dickey, the college’s first full-time athletic director.
“This place is a monument to what happens when we dream and dare to be aspirational about Berry and its future,” Clark said. He continued that the complex allows students to “make your dreams come true, just like Martha Berry did when she created this entire school in the first place.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Berry College ?
Next time we write about Berry College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director