The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Denver Section and the Colorado School of Mines SPE Student Chapter recently hosted a joint session entitled “Golden Legends,” allowing students to network with local industry professionals.
College of Earth Resources Sciences and Engineering Dean Ramona Graves hosted a panel with industry experts, who gave current CSM students advice about their futures in the industry. They also discussed their personal experiences in the oil and gas sector and as members in the SPE.
Panellists included Hossein Kazemi from the Research and Development Department at the Colorado School of Mines; John Seidle from the Unconventionals Department at MHA Petroleum Consultants; Harry Surkalo from Surtek Inc.’s EOR Field Implementation department; and Steve Engler from BBH Operating LLC’s Investment Banking department.
Organizations in this story
Colorado School of Mines 1500 Illinois St Golden, CO - 80401
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success