Keyana Carr, an MBA student at Lamar University, recently received the Texas Business Hall of Fame Foundation scholarship.
Carr and select students will receive formal recognition on Oct. 27 at the foundation’s yearly induction dinner in San Antonio. The dinner will award 36 students from 26 universities.
On May 21, Carr graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Lamar University, where he plans to continue his graduate studies.
"Receiving the Texas Business Hall of Fame Scholarship is a huge blessing for me,” Carr said. “Not only will it cover my tuition but it also has given me the motivation to succeed. I'm so honored and thankful for this award and opportunity. I could not have accomplished this without Dean Henry Venta and my College of Business professors."
The purpose of the foundation is to recognize people involved in the Texas business community. These people must show visions and potential that will make Texas one of the leaders in the modern U.S. economy.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lamar University ?
Next time we write about Lamar University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at Instituto de Educacion Tecnica Ocupacional La Reine-Manati
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Academia Serrant Inc
- Graduates earn 67 degrees from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Washington DC
- Graduates earn 472 degrees, certificates from Huertas College
- Graduates earn 344 degrees, certificates from CEM College-San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Graduates earn 2,191 degrees, certificates from Howard University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at IVAEM College
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de Bayamon