Ashland University has named the award winners for the Ohio New Photography Juried Exhibition taking place at the Coburn Gallery.
There were two Best in Show prizes given out. Maria Groom was awarded the Youth Best in Show Award and honorable mention awards were given to Maya McDonald, Victoria Adams, Emily Brustoski and Colin Mayr. Prizes in the youth category amounted to $100 and $50 respectively.
For adults, the Best in Show prize of $250 was awarded to Joe Applebaum. Honorable mention awards of $100 were given to Maria Gladman and Christine Walsh-Newton.
Prizes for the youth category were funded in part by donations from the Ashland Photography Club.
Winning photographs along with those entered the exhibition will be displayed at the gallery until July 31. The Coburn Gallery is open between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays and from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Organizations in this story
Ashland University 401 College Avenue Ashland, OH - 44805
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success