The University of Texas at Dallas celebrated the opening of the campus’s newest building this week.
The new structure, the Bioengineering and Sciences Building (BSB) will house university programs with a special focus on neuroscience and other areas. It also has facilities that will be supporting research in biological and chemical programs.
The university also notes the collaborative nature of this building. For example, the Natural Science and Engineering Research Lab will house facilities for professors in several scientific areas of study.
"It’s the interdisciplinary nature of the building that makes it so special,” Dean of the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Bruce Novak said. “Already, I have young faculty coming to me saying, ‘I have four new collaborations from being in this building for just a short period of time.’ That is a real mark of achievement in the design of the building, the envisioned occupation of the building and our belief in interdisciplinary research.”
Interdisciplinary projects are underway at UT Dallas, including research of neural activity measurements that could screen the effects of pain management therapeutics.
“The BSB surely will accelerate our progress toward a leadership role in scientific research on the fundamental processes of the brain and nervous system, and on diseases and pathologies of the brain and nervous system,” interim Dean of the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences James Bartlett said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Jackson College enrolls 4,798 undergrads
- Kellogg Community College enrolls 4,814 undergrads
- Washtenaw Community College enrolls 12,335 undergrads
- Mott Community College enrolls 7,689 undergrads
- Wayne County Community College District enrolls 14,806 undergrads
- Cost of college went up for all students at National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts
- 64 percent of applicants to University of Michigan-Dearborn were admitted for fall 2017
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Baker College enrolls 11,603 undergrads
- St Clair County Community College enrolls 3,601 undergrads