Blinn College encourages applied science majors to apply for the Perkins Grant for the upcoming semester.
This grant is available for the purchase of textbooks and transportation-related expenses. Students who are interested in pursuing this grant will need to complete an application that is available at the Blinn College website by Tuesday.
To be eligible for the grant, students should be in an applied science or pre-applied sciences with a minimum grade-point average and be registered for at least six hours for the fall semester. Additional eligibility requirements apply.
The Perkins Grant is a federal program that supports community colleges by providing resources for faculty, students and staff members within career and technical education departments.
Organizations in this story
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success