The University of Phoenix recently honored alumna and world champion basketball player Gail Marquis.
Marquis received her MBA from the University of Phoenix and began her finance career after her professional basketball career, during which she joined the New York City Basketball Hall of Fame.
“As a world champion athlete, I know just how much hard work and dedication go into achieving your dreams — whether it be in sports, education, career or in a relationship,” Marquis said. “Like many of my fellow athletes, my dreams didn’t end with basketball. I took my determination to Wall Street, where after decades of success, I still wanted more. Accomplishing my educational goals has enabled me to teach other students what it takes to forge their own path to greatness.”
Marquis uses her accomplishments to encourage students to overcome their diverse or disadvantaged backgrounds to achieve their goals.
“Gail Marquis shares the same traits found in so many University of Phoenix students — grit and determination,”
University of Phoenix
Timothy Slottow said. “They are driven to overcome obstacles and willing to put in the hard work required to get a higher education, often while raising a family or working a full-time job. University of Phoenix believes in the power of a college degree to change the lives of students, their families and future generations. That is why we work tirelessly to support working adults and diverse students as they pursue a career-relevant higher education.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space