Mark Romig was named the 2016 University of New Orleans Homer Hitt Distinguished Alumni honoree, meaning he has received the highest honor from the university.
The UNO International Alumni Association will give Romig this honor while at the Distinguished Alumni Gala. It will be hosted at the National WWII Museum’s United States Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center on Nov. 3.
“I credit my alma mater for helping shape the person I have become,” Romig said. “I have always believed that service to my community is of utmost importance and our responsibility as citizens, and I learned that by watching the example the University of New Orleans has exhibited through the years.”
Romig received his bachelor’s degree in hotel, restaurant and tourism administration while he was at UNO in 1978.
“Mark Romig epitomizes what a metropolitan public university is all about with his deep sense of responsibility to building a vibrant community,” Barbara Johnson, chair of the Distinguished Alumni Gala, said. “As a major industry player, positioning New Orleans as a world-class destination and economic driver, to his civic leadership in education, entrepreneurship and neighborhoods, Mark has distinguished himself as a selfless champion of striving for the very best we can be together as community.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.