Students from 20 U.S. institutions recently completed the 41st UNO-Innsbruck International Summer School, hosted by the University of New Orleans in Innsbruck, Austria, which offers students a wide range of course opportunities.
“The desire of the program administrators,
teachers, and many supporters is that the students will have also gained a
better knowledge of the world and others,” UNO-Innsbruck International
Summer School program director Irene Ziegler said. “Maybe some of the students will
not only have gotten out of their comfort zone for a few weeks, but maybe they
will have succeeded in expanding their comfort zones for the rest of their
This year’s 219 participants learned about
topics as diverse as Principles of Marketing, Alpine Geology and Sociological
Perspectives of Genocide and the Holocaust. Students from all courses were able
to attend panel discussions, on the Holocaust and on European migration, and
take part in exciting excursions to nearby cities, like music students visiting
Mozart’s home in Salzburg and business students visiting the BMW factory in
“While many of these excursions are a
required part of a course, some are voluntary, and students embrace these
opportunities with great interest and an appetite for learning,” Ziegler said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.