Two students from Ashland University spent their summer learning about the publishing industry through an internship with Bookmasters, facilitated through the Great Lakes Career Ready Internship Program.
“My time at Bookmasters was incredibly
rewarding,” Ashland senior Emily Cardwell
said. “I was only there for three
months, but I learned a great deal of invaluable information about the
publishing industry firsthand, especially concerning the importance of
metadata, an aspect of publishing that is often overlooked. The people at
Bookmasters were welcoming and supportive, and I was able to explore a new
career path open to English majors that I had not yet considered. I couldn’t
have asked for a better experience.”
Bookmasters is one of the country’s largest
providers of publisher services, handling aspects ranging from book manufacturing
and sales to eBook conversion. As an English major, Cardwell worked with the
metadata team, while Ashland’s other student participating in the program,
creative writing and religion major Garrison Stima, worked with the company’s
sales and marketing team.
“This past summer at Bookmasters has been
immensely fulfilling,” Stima said. “While I was also only present for three
months, my life was opened up to the world of publishing and advertisement on a
level that I had never experienced before. From the day-to-day lessons in the
office, to the expansion of options in my vocational fields to various
advertisement routes and to creative marketing practices, this has been a vital
time in my life. Not to mention the extreme kindness I’ve received from everyone
at Bookmasters during the whole process.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashland University ?
Next time we write about Ashland University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.