Robert Kee, the Colorado School of Mines Brown Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering, recently received the highest honor of the Bernard Lewis Gold Medal from the Combustion Institute.
Kee received the medal at the 36th annual Symposium on Combustion on Aug. 5 in Seoul, Korea. He earned the award for his research about combustion, especially for leading the development of flow simulations using chemical reactions. He also used the CHEMKIN family for his models.
Kee has been asked to present a plenary lecture about “Combustion Interfacing with Emerging Technologies,” which many experts say is an emerging future field.
“Bob continues to set an example to all of us in research, by continually expanding and adapting his modeling skills to address high-impact technical challenges such as better, safer batteries and membrane reactors for upgrading natural gas,” Greg Jackson, head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Mines, said. “We are honored to have a senior colleague as creative, thorough and generous as Bob.”
Kee is also the main developer and creator of the CHEMKIN group of software. This model has dominated the modeling software industry for combustion industries for over 25 years. The software uses strong code architecture and simple use to make it approachable for a variety of users.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Colorado School of Mines ?
Next time we write about Colorado School of Mines, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Alabama State University were admitted for fall 2017
- 80 percent of applicants to Arizona State University-West were admitted for fall 2017
- Rio Salado College enrolls 17,635 undergrads
- Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division enrolls 4,534 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads