The Princeton Review recently named the University of Massachusetts Amherst as the No. 1 university in the U.S. for campus food.
Since 2013, UMass Amherst has been included among the top three schools in the U.S., but this news is a special recognition of the dining staff at UMass who work countless hours to earn national recognition for the university kitchen.
“This honor is shared by every member of our staff who work each day to serve healthy, sustainable and delicious meals to our students,” Ken Toong, executive director of Auxiliary Enterprises at UMass Amherst, said. “This ranking is also a tribute to our students, whose high expectations drive our team to excel.”
In addition to this, UMass Amherst was featured on NBC's Today Show on Aug. 30. The UMass mascot, Sam the Minuteman, was on the show as a guest, delivering Napoleons, pork sliders and other foods to the hosts.
“We’re pleased to see that The Princeton Review has recognized what all of us at UMass Amherst have long known: when it comes to college food, UMass Dining can’t be beat,”
Kumble Subbaswamy said. “Congratulations to the entire UMass Dining family.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Massachusetts Amherst ?
Next time we write about University of Massachusetts Amherst, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Swedes Split on Day One of Baker International
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Caltech Faculty Honored with Breakthrough and New Horizons Prizes
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Ranked Third in the Nation for Student Engagement by Wall Street Journal
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- ALMA COLLEGE: Hispanic Heritage Month: Fiesta/Baile, Health Workshop
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: A Conversation with Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Labor Day to be Held September 2