The University of Tampa will collaborate with the University of Florida IFAS Extension Pinellas County this fall to present a four-part environmental film series called "Sustainability Connections."
All four of the showings will be open and free to the
public, with light refreshments and a panel of experts
that will conduct a discussion at the conclusion of the film.
The dates and the description of each film is as follows:
Sept. 12: "A Fierce Green Fire" tells the story of the
environmental movement, from toxic waste at Love Canal to rubbertappers in the
Oct. 3: "Shattered Sky" tells the story of how America led
the world in solving the biggest environmental crisis ever seen — the hole in
the ozone layer.
Oct. 24: "Just Eat It" investigates why we as a society
devour countless cooking shows, culinary magazines and foodie blogs, yet throw
away nearly 50 percent of our food.
Nov. 14: "Weather Gone Wild" explores recent extreme weather
events and scientific projections of what we can expect over the next few
decades, and shares what we as a society need to do to survive a world of
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis