The University of Tampa will collaborate with the University of Florida IFAS Extension Pinellas County this fall to present a four-part environmental film series called "Sustainability Connections."
All four of the showings will be open and free to the
public, with light refreshments and a panel of experts
that will conduct a discussion at the conclusion of the film.
The dates and the description of each film is as follows:
Sept. 12: "A Fierce Green Fire" tells the story of the
environmental movement, from toxic waste at Love Canal to rubbertappers in the
Oct. 3: "Shattered Sky" tells the story of how America led
the world in solving the biggest environmental crisis ever seen — the hole in
the ozone layer.
Oct. 24: "Just Eat It" investigates why we as a society
devour countless cooking shows, culinary magazines and foodie blogs, yet throw
away nearly 50 percent of our food.
Nov. 14: "Weather Gone Wild" explores recent extreme weather
events and scientific projections of what we can expect over the next few
decades, and shares what we as a society need to do to survive a world of
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million