The University of Arkansas’ Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences recently announced that Bates Events President Amy Bates will be the human nutrition and hospitality innovation program’s executive in residence.
innovation program is thrilled to welcome Amy as executive in residence for the
fall 2016 semester," associate professor and Human Nutrition and Hospitality
Innovation Program assistant director Kelly Way said. "We've worked on events
with Amy and her staff in the past, so having her in the classroom was a
natural fit for our students."
Bates has previously
worked with the university to offer an ambassador, allowing students to gain
practical experience in the hospitality field. This role will also see her co-teach
a course, Meeting and Events, with hospitality instructor Dede Hamm.
with the University of Arkansas hospitality program for the past five years,
whether it be in mentoring students or through their involvement in our
ambassador program, I believe there is a true lack of real-world experience
each student needs to understand and achieve,” Bates said. “In accepting this
position as executive in residence, I will invest my time and energy in our
future invaluable industry leaders."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30