St. Norbert College will host five speakers for the Killeen Chair of Theology & Philosophy lecture series this year with a theme of economic justice.
All of the events for the Killeen Chair series will be hosted in Fort Howard Theater at the FK Bemis International Center and at Old St Joseph Church, on the St. Norbert campus. All of the lectures are free to the public.
One speaker is Daniel Finn from the College of St. Benedict-St. John’s University. He is the William E & Virginia Clemens Professor in Economics and the Liberal Arts as well as a professor of theology. His lecture is titled “Understanding Structural Injustice: What is a Sinful Structure?”
Rev. Clemens Dolken, from SVD St. Augustin in Magdeburg, Germany, is a professor of philosophy and theology. His lecture is titled “From Plan to Market – From Marxism to Social Ethics: The Contribution of the European St. Norbert Foundation Magdeburg.”
Martin Gilens teaches politics at Princeton University. His lecture
in the Fort Howard Theatre
is called “Economic Inequality and Political Power.”
Maureen O’Connell, chair for the department of religion and associate professor at LaSalle University, will speak on “Stepping Out on Faith: Economic Justice Through Community Organizing.”
Finally, Paul Weithman, the Glynn Family Honors Collegiate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Notre Dame, will discuss “What (if Anything) is Wrong With Economic Inequality?” in March.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about St. Norbert College ?
Next time we write about St. Norbert College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.