State College of Florida Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) recently earned a $2.2 million grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education for the college’s “Paving Academic Pathways for Student Success.”
This grant is part of the Strengthening Institutions Program. SCF is one out of three institutions in the Florida College System to receive the grant which will be used to improve student performance and allow low-income and first-time-in-college students stay in school and receive their degrees or certificates.
“This grant will propel SCF to be among the best in how we support our students,”
Carol Probstfeld said. “Our job is to ensure we make the most of every opportunity this grant provides to them.”
The grant will start on Oct. 1 and will be distributed throughout the next five years, helping over 9,000 SCF students as they continue their academic planning. They will have easier access to the technology and tools they need for their college success.
These tools are free access to college-prep classes, a specific path to their goal that is easy to measure, additional data analysis, a college-readiness program for adaptive learning technology, and more. These new approaches will help students to finish their degrees faster than ever, using the tools in the grant to achieve their goals.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota ?
Next time we write about State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College enrolls 14,906 undergrads
- 7 percent of applicants to Yale University were admitted for fall 2017
- UPIKE student and alumni feature: Olivia Boyette
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Live!