The Colorado School of Mines has committed to send a group to the Computer Science for All initiative, which includes a summit that the White House will host.
Mines is already a part of the initiative, increasing its work with computer science teachers through 2017. It has a strong collaboration with the Front Range Computer Science Teachers’ Association (CSTA), which seeks to increase K-12 computer science education in Colorado.
Mines plans to recruit, train and engage more than 100 computer science teachers in Colorado. They will learn content and pedagogy for their classrooms over the next 12 months, increasing the Mines’ outreach efforts from last year. In addition, Mines will provide continued support to new computer science teachers in Colorado.
Mines and CSTA will further their collaboration to make a strong computer science teacher community in Colorado. The goal is to provide mutual support as well as opportunities to exchange best practices and curriculum.
Mines has already prepared more than 300 K-12 educators from throughout the U.S. in computer science classes.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Colorado School of Mines ?
Next time we write about Colorado School of Mines, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 42 percent of applicants to University of Florida were admitted for fall 2017
- Indian River State College enrolls 17,598 undergrads
- 64 percent of applicants to Rollins College were admitted for fall 2017
- Florida State College at Jacksonville enrolls 21,092 undergrads
- Arapahoe Community College enrolls 12,421 undergrads
- 50 percent of applicants to University of Central Florida were admitted for fall 2017
- 63 percent of applicants to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Worldwide were admitted for fall 2017
- 64 percent of applicants to Florida Gulf Coast University were admitted for fall 2017
- Polk State College enrolls 10,659 undergrads
- Valencia College enrolls 44,834 undergrads