The Colorado School of Mines has committed to send a group to the Computer Science for All initiative, which includes a summit that the White House will host.
Mines is already a part of the initiative, increasing its work with computer science teachers through 2017. It has a strong collaboration with the Front Range Computer Science Teachers’ Association (CSTA), which seeks to increase K-12 computer science education in Colorado.
Mines plans to recruit, train and engage more than 100 computer science teachers in Colorado. They will learn content and pedagogy for their classrooms over the next 12 months, increasing the Mines’ outreach efforts from last year. In addition, Mines will provide continued support to new computer science teachers in Colorado.
Mines and CSTA will further their collaboration to make a strong computer science teacher community in Colorado. The goal is to provide mutual support as well as opportunities to exchange best practices and curriculum.
Mines has already prepared more than 300 K-12 educators from throughout the U.S. in computer science classes.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Colorado School of Mines ?
Next time we write about Colorado School of Mines, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million