The University of Tampa will welcome Tampa General Hospital President and CEO James Burkhart as a guest speaker as part of the TECO Energy Center for Leadership Speaker Series, which brings in outstanding leaders from private, government and nonprofit sectors.
Burkhart will give a lecture titled “Health Care Strategies: The Changing
In 2013, Burkhart was appointed the president and CEO of the
Tampa General Hospital, which is a major tertiary-level teaching facility
associated with the Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South
Florida. In 2014, he was named the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and
During his time at
Tampa General, Burkhart has developed and
implemented a new strategic plan that is designed to strengthen the link
between it and the Morsani College of Medicine by forming groundbreaking health
care collaborations in the community. Before working at
Tampa General, Burkhart was the president and CEO of the University of Florida Health Jacksonville Medical
The lecture by Burkhart will begin at 4:30 on Oct. 4 and
will take place in the Vaughn Center in the ninth-floor Trustees Board Room. The
event is free and open to the public.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Swedes Split on Day One of Baker International
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Caltech Faculty Honored with Breakthrough and New Horizons Prizes
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Ranked Third in the Nation for Student Engagement by Wall Street Journal
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- ALMA COLLEGE: Hispanic Heritage Month: Fiesta/Baile, Health Workshop
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: A Conversation with Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz