2016 Brown University graduate Alexander Blum is this year's United States/Canada regional winner of the Undergraduate Award in the Earth and Environmental Sciences category.
Blum won the award for a research paper he wrote that was the top among North American undergraduates
in his discipline.
"Though I am very appreciative that my paper was
recognized," Blum said, "I believe that the commendation more broadly
reflects the outstanding work regularly done by many students and faculty on
Blum’s paper, “Rational Misconception: Agricultural
Biotechnology,” discusses how crucial well-informed conversations for
stakeholders are when it comes to understanding agricultural technologies and
how the best possible usage and regulations can be effective, responsible and
"This is a distinctive academic awards program because
students compete with other undergraduates from top universities around the
world, including many of our Ivy League peers," Dean of Undergraduate
Research at Brown Oludurotimi Adetunji said. "This was the first year that
Brown University students competed, and I am very excited that they have done
so well. It is a clear recognition of their scholarship beyond the walls of
Brown or even the United States."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brown University ?
Next time we write about Brown University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went down for all students at Columbia Central University-Caguas
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rice University
- Graduates earn 421 degrees, certificates from Universal Technology College of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Cost of college went down for all students at American Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 1,503 degrees, certificates from Bradley University
- Analysis: Colleges spend $2.1 billion on men's athletic student aid
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Utuado