The University of Tampa has set another enrollment record in the institution’s 20th consecutive year of topping the previous year’s enrollment.
The new enrollment is 8,310 students -- graduates and undergraduates -- up 3.4
percent from last year.
“Interest in UT set an all-time record this past year, due
in large part to our increased reputation for delivering a high-quality, rich
educational experience,” University of Tampa Vice President of Enrollment
Dennis Nostrand said. “Plus, once undergraduates decide to attend UT, we do an
excellent job of graduating them in four years or less.”
Nostrand also emphasized the university’s record enrollment
is evident of its rising appeal to prospective students.
University of Tampa President Ronald Vaughn said the
personal attention and community feel of the university has been successfully
maintained. Both, according to Vaughn, have been important characteristics of
the university throughout its 85 years.
“We remain committed to pursuing quality and educational excellence,” he said.
“We hired about three dozen faculty and additional staff for this year. We also
completed new facilities to support and continue improving the total
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 61% of students graduated on time at Illinois’ top two-year school in 2016
- Analysis: College women's basketball grosses $903 million
- March Madness money: How do women's teams in the tournament rank?
- Beauty schools report highest default rates on student loans
- Analysis: College men's basketball grosses $2 billion
- March Madness money: How do tournament teams rank?
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Axelrod, Rove to host Presidential Elections Program conference at Rice U.’s Baker Institute March 28
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Artwork by Cameron University Student Kathryn Carroll to be Exhibited in CU Sciences Complex
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mines joins growing network for entrepreneurial engineering
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY: Software aims to reduce food waste by helping those in need