Two University of Texas Dallas alumni recently were placed on the tenure track with the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at UT Dallas.
Sheel Dodani is an assistant professor of chemistry and biochemistry. She earned her bachelor's in chemistry in 2007 from UT Dallas. She went to the University of California, Berkeley for her Ph.D. in 2013 and finished her postdoctoral fellowship at the California Institute of Technology.
Russell Stoneback is now an assistant professor in physics. He went to the University of Texas for his bachelor’s and UT Dallas for graduate studies, where he earned his master’s and doctoral degrees in 2006 and 2009. Before joining UT Dallas as a faculty member, he worked at the Hanson Center for Space Sciences.
“It’s a testament to our faculty and our campus resources that students who trained here now want to be a part of the faculty, conduct research and contribute to the education of a new generation of students,” Dean Bruce Novak said.
There are six departments -- geosciences, biological sciences, mathematical sciences, chemistry and biochemistry, and math and science education -- in the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. The university recently built the new Bioengineering and Sciences Building.
“This is a remarkable facility, specifically designed for encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration,” Novak said. “The building only recently opened and already new research partnerships are forming. It’s an exciting time for our faculty, postdocs and students.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mindful Monday to be Held November 19
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Lacy School of Business Named Outstanding On-Campus MBA Program by Princeton Review
- BERRY COLLEGE: Berry Professor to Showcase Film at the Rome International Film Festival
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Vardi named fellow of the American Mathematical Society
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Honors College Recognizes Exceptional Faculty, Staff
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Annual Evening of Experimental Dance to be Held Nov. 10
- Pikes Peak Community College enrolls 13,275 undergrads
- 54 percent of applicants to Florida International University were admitted for fall 2017
- Front Range Community College enrolls 19,259 undergrads
- 59 percent of applicants to University of North Florida were admitted for fall 2017