The DesignIntelligence Quarterly recently named the Tulane School of Architecture one of the best architecture programs within the U.S., including the school in the yearly ranking of accredited undergraduate programs.
Overall, Tulane was ranked 14th best in the U.S. The publication also placed Dean Ken Schwartz among the top 25 Most Admired Educators for 2016-17.
The school highlights innovation and excellence in landscape urbanism, architecture, preservation and urban and environmental design and development. The award-winning selection of programs include the Albert and Tina Small City Center.
Every year, DesignIntelligence runs the America’s Best Architecture & Design Schools survey. This evaluates both undergraduate and graduate programs according to the view of professional leaders who supervise and hire the graduates from the landscape architecture, architecture and interior design programs.
The survey is one of the most prestigious in the industry, making it significant that Tulane’s undergraduate program has been included in the latest listing.
“This is a historic event for our school and a positive reflection of the continued increase in national recognition for design excellence among our students and faculty,” Schwartz said. “There are many fine architecture programs across the United States, but there are very few that combine the strong traditions of architectural design with public service and civic engagement.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tulane University ?
Next time we write about Tulane University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Estrella Mountain Community College enrolls 9,788 undergrads
- Mesa Community College enrolls 20,424 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Alabama State University were admitted for fall 2017
- 80 percent of applicants to Arizona State University-West were admitted for fall 2017
- Rio Salado College enrolls 17,635 undergrads
- Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division enrolls 4,534 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017