The DesignIntelligence Quarterly recently named the Tulane School of Architecture one of the best architecture programs within the U.S., including the school in the yearly ranking of accredited undergraduate programs.
Overall, Tulane was ranked 14th best in the U.S. The publication also placed Dean Ken Schwartz among the top 25 Most Admired Educators for 2016-17.
The school highlights innovation and excellence in landscape urbanism, architecture, preservation and urban and environmental design and development. The award-winning selection of programs include the Albert and Tina Small City Center.
Every year, DesignIntelligence runs the America’s Best Architecture & Design Schools survey. This evaluates both undergraduate and graduate programs according to the view of professional leaders who supervise and hire the graduates from the landscape architecture, architecture and interior design programs.
The survey is one of the most prestigious in the industry, making it significant that Tulane’s undergraduate program has been included in the latest listing.
“This is a historic event for our school and a positive reflection of the continued increase in national recognition for design excellence among our students and faculty,” Schwartz said. “There are many fine architecture programs across the United States, but there are very few that combine the strong traditions of architectural design with public service and civic engagement.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tulane University ?
Next time we write about Tulane University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space