University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) recently held its Career Expo Days, which attracted recruiters from 183 companies, including nearly 80 UT Dallas alumni who returned to the school to engage with current students.
“I think it’s great for the career fair to
let the students know that there is life outside of school,” UT Dallas alumnus and current
NXP Davis employee Mike Morris said.
“School is not the only part of your life. There’s a work life that goes on,
and I think it’s important for the alumni, if they can make it, to come back
and show the undergrads and the graduate students that people got jobs.”
The expo attracted more than 4,300 students
and alumni, allowing those looking for employment opportunities to engage with
recruiters and build relationships. Companies represented include Texas
Instruments, PepsiCo and Twitter.
“I am consistently contacted by employers
who are aware of the caliber of our students and are constantly seeking chances
to visit campus to engage with them,” UT Dallas Career Center Associate Director
of Employer Relations Shereada Harrell said. “Seeing alumni return and give back in
this way is heartwarming. It shows that they see the value in the education
they received and the relationships they built while on campus, and want to
provide opportunities for their fellow Comets to join them professionally.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: Following recent testing, Berrien County Health Department & Spectrum Health Lakeland confirm two cases of COVID-19
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Important Information for Students About Classes
- ALMA COLLEGE: Board of Trustees Approve Faculty Tenure, Promotions for 2020-2021 Academic Year
- GADSDEN STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Gadsden State Priority Registration for Summer begins March 18
- EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Graduate Open House: Knowledge is Power to be Held Match 21
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Financial Institutions Gain New Tool to Enhance Cyber Intelligence and Combat Money Laundering
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: General Education: Designing Workshop to be Held February 26
- BERRY COLLEGE: Financial Literacy Team - Budgeting Presentation
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Leadership, Management and Administration: Understanding the Differences
- BERRY COLLEGE: Career and Internship Fair to be Held February 20