Bridgewater College recently announced the "Seek Peace and Pursue It" exhibition at the Alexander Mack Memorial Library.
will open on Oct. 22 and run through Dec. 9. Admission is free.
The peacemakers featured in the exhibition are Paul Bowman, John Kline, Lula Miller, Anna Mow, Alexander Mack Sr., W. Harold
Row, Nettie Senger, Naomi Miller West and Nobel Peace Prize nominee M.
The papers of these proponents for peace are in the Bridgewater
College Special Collection and the Reuel B. Pritchett Museum Collection.
“'The Seek Peace and Pursue It' exhibition will also explore
how peace is being found today,” Gardner said. “A number of humanitarian
agencies sent materials for the exhibition, and we have had excellent
collaboration with Bridgewater College faculty and students, who told us what
‘Seek Peace’ means to them. In addition to honoring nine inspiring historic
peacemakers, we will explore how their legacy is being carried out in the
Artifacts and documents from the lives and work of John
Kline, Lula Miller, W. Harold Row and Nettie Senger will be on display. The
exhibition will also include writings by Bridgewater College students, as well as faculty member Dr. Stephen Longenecker and
Provost and Professor of Physics Emeritus
Dr. Dale Ulrich.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bridgewater College ?
Next time we write about Bridgewater College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.