Brigham Young University Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering Michael Scott was recently recognized as a highly cited researcher in computer science by Reuters.
“I’ve been blessed to have had excellent
mentors along the way, and now I’m blessed to have great students and
colleagues,” Scott, who did his undergrad work at BYU, said. “This honor means
the research we are doing here is significant -- and people care about it.”
Scott, whose work explores improving
efficiency and accuracy in engineering product design and development process,
earned the distinction based on his papers ranking in the top 1 percent of
cited articles in computer science over the past decade. Scott’s published
works include 13 papers that have been cited more than 100 times, five of which
were cited in more than 200 other works.
“In the Ira A. Fulton College of
Engineering and Technology, we want our research activities to be excellent
mentored learning opportunities for students, to bring visibility to BYU and
to make positive impact on the world,” Michael Jensen, dean of the
college, said. “Given how Dr. Scott has involved students in his research, this
recognition shows that his efforts are exemplary in accomplishing these
objectives. We are pleased to have him on our faculty.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brigham Young University ?
Next time we write about Brigham Young University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.