The University of Tampa (UT) has announced that it will be partnering with LinkedIn to create the LinkedIn Students app.
The new app, which is a
personal job exploration guide, will allow students to explore the initial
steps of their professional careers.
According to the agreement, students will be able to search jobs
on LinkedIn and HIRE-UT, UT’s career management service, through the app.
According to the university, students who download the app will be able to:
“Discover the best jobs and companies, based on career paths
of similar UT alumni; be the first to hear about and apply to jobs matched to
their background; read tips on resumes, interviews and more from top career
experts on LinkedIn.”
The app will be updated daily with personalized tips
to help the career process.
“Finding a job you like can be hard,” UT Director of Career
Services Mark Colvenbach said. “But we believe our partnership with LinkedIn
will help students be more competitive in their job searches by being better
informed and prepared.”
Colvenbach also said that he believes the app will be
able to aid students by keeping them informed and prepared for the competitive
Organizations in this story
The University of Tampa 310 North Boulevard Tampa, FL
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success