Brown University has announced that the first 28 students of its new Executive Master in Cybersecurity program have arrived on campus to begin their coursework.
"With unique education and experience, every student is
an important contributor to the cohort," Program Director Alan Usas said.
"Not only do the students act as valuable resources for peers, but they
become trusted members of a lifelong professional network that forms. We have a
very strong group entering the program, and we are prepared to graduate
visionary and strategic leaders to meet the global, technical, human and policy
challenges of cybersecurity.”
Students convened to walk through the Van Wickle Gates and across the Front Green as part of the inaugural convocation ceremony on Oct. 16.
“I appreciate the mental space that this program is giving
me from the day-to-day experience of my work,” Katie Jenkins, a student in the
program, said. “The diverse perspectives from faculty and students are already
influencing the way I think about my own security operation. This program will
be critical in my organization’s effort to select new technologies and
processes that address both current and evolving threats that we face and
account for the human factors of adoption.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brown University ?
Next time we write about Brown University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director