The State College of Florida at Manatee-Sarasota has announced that it is offering SAT and ACT prep courses for students who need to prepare for the tests.
Both classes will be comprised of two parts. Each part of the
prep courses will cost $100, or students can pay $174 for both parts.
“Part one will prepare students for the verbal questions on
the SAT and ACT tests, assessing knowledge of English usage, grammar and
reading comprehension,” according to the SCF website. “The classes also teach students how to maximize their
time on reading comprehension passages of the verbal and science portions of
the college entrance exams.”
The second portion of the prep course completes the college's offering.
“Part two will prepare students for essay questions, teaching
how to do the best writing in a short period of time,” according to the website. “This course focuses on
specific question types on the exams and gives pointers on time management,
anxiety relief, scoring and general standardized test-taking. Part two also
offers weekly assignments to prepare for the math portions of the exams.”
More information about the courses can be obtained by
contacting Director of SCF Workforce Development Lee Kotwicki by phone at
941-363-7218 or by email at KotwicL@SCF.edu.
Students who are interested in taking the courses can
register and find the syllabus at www.ed2go.com/SCF. Classes will be held on Nov. 9,
Dec. 14 and Jan. 18.
Organizations in this story
State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota 5840 26th St. W. Bradenton, FL - 34207
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success