Radford University has announced that it will be hosting a dinner for faculty, staff, students, alumni and members of the local legal community to celebrate the founding of a new Prelaw Society at the university.
The newly founded society will be linked closely to the Prelaw fraternity at Radford.
“The purpose of the Prelaw Society is not to supplant the
Prelaw fraternity, but to support it by providing a vehicle through which not
only students, but also members of the professional legal community, as well as
alumni and friends of the institution can join in supporting our prelaw
students,” Katherine Hawkins, dean of the College of Humanities and Behavioral
The main goal of the Prelaw Society is a simple one, but
ambitious all the same.
“Our goal is to educate students about the role of law in a
free nation founded on constitutional principles, as well as about the
profession of law,” Hawkins said. “We also recognize it is incumbent upon us to
work together with the legal profession to increase the diversity of the
membership in that profession.”
Any student can join the Prelaw Society, no matter what
major they have chosen.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Radford University ?
Next time we write about Radford University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Receives $100,000 Grant from Schell Foundation
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Jacobson returns to University of Mary after gaining NCAA Division I coaching experience
- AIR FORCE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: AFIT offers course on Strategic Topics in Defense Innovation
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Agriculture, Extension name Phillips associate dean, assistant director