The American Dental Association (ADA) Foundation is asking volunteers and supporters from Give Kids A Smile (GKAS) to help it get the word out about the program's using Thunderclap, a social media tool.
Thunderclap is used to link social media accounts such as
Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, so the ADA Foundation can post messages about
GKAS across all platforms at once. Using this safe social media tool,
supporters of the program will be able to post reminders to their friends and followers to volunteer for GKAS and sign up with the ADA Foundation for
The message posted on Oct. 27 was "Volunteer for Give Kids A Smile. Sign up your program to help
kids in need get the healthy smile they deserve. #GKAS."
Those interested can register for the GKAS program at ADAFoundation.org. The
deadline to register is Nov. 7. Those who sign up by Nov. 7 will
receive a dental product kit donated by Henry Schein. The kit includes
gloves, patient bibs, gauze pads, prophy angels, prophy paste, fluoride
varnish and other miscellaneous products.
New to the kits this year will be sealant provided by 3M.
Henry Schein also donates kits for oral health educational purposes through
the GKAS program.
Organizations in this story
Radford University 801 East Main Street Radford, VA - 24142
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success