The University of Arkansas recently hosted its annual Employee Appreciation Banquet during Staff Appreciation Week, honoring more than 360 staff members for their contributions to the school’s successes.
“You’re the people who keep the university
running day in and day out, year after year — you’re why the University of
Arkansas is great,” University of Arkansas Chancellor Joe Steinmetz said in his
welcoming remarks at the event, which was held at the Fayetteville Town Center.
“You bring a vast amount of knowledge and experience to your jobs every day,
and you impart that to the students and the colleagues you encounter.
Institutions don’t have values and traditions — people do. And you embody those
values and traditions in the day-to-day course of your work.”
Awards at the event included Staff Senate
Team Award, the Diversity Award, Staff Senate Scholarships and recognition of staff
members who had completed their degrees with the university. The awards also
included five Employees of the Year: Anne Raines, Carolyn Chitwood, Natalia
Karnes, Leigh Marshall and Jackson Owusu.
The university took the opportunity to
recognize staff members who have been with the school for an extended period of
time, honoring the more than 263 staffers who have worked there for over 10 years. Fifty-five of those have worked with the school for 15 years, 33 for
20 years, 36 for 25 years, 17 for 30 years, 17 for 35 years and nine staff
members were recognized for 40 years of service with the school.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Spicher Joins U of A Development Team in Education, Health Professions
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: USD Sanford Medical Student Recognized by U.S. Public Health Service
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: UAH launches new scholarship program for financially disadvantaged STEM transfers
- Analysis: College softball grosses $451 million
- Junior colleges report borrower default rate of 18%
- THE CITADEL: Confronting the Teacher Shortage Crisis
- STATE COLLEGE OF FLORIDA-MANATEE-SARASOTA: Plantation Community Foundation of Venice Awards Grant to SCF Nursing
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE: U.S. Department of Energy grant gives students chance to study at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Four graduates win prestigious pickering foreign affairs fellowships
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE: North Central College named to Phi Theta Kappa Honor Roll