The University of Arkansas (UA) School of Law will host National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Chairman Mark Gaston Pearce on Nov. 21 for a talk entitled "The NLRB in Changing Times."
The event, which is
free and open to the public, will be held in the E.J. Ball Courtroom at the UA
School of Law. It will begin at 4 p.m.
Pearce has served on
the NLRB since April 2010 and was named chairman in August 2011. Prior to his
appointment, he built a distinguished career in labor and employment law in New
York state. He worked as an attorney and district trial specialist in the
Buffalo, New York, regional office of the NLRB before becoming a founding
partner of Creighton, Pearce, Johnsen & Giroux, also in Buffalo.
His work at the firm centered on union and plaintiff side labor and employment
Pearce served on the
New York State Industrial Board of Appeals, ruling on cases related to New York
State Department of Labor decisions, as well as several other state
commissions. He is a fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers and
has been on the faculty of Cornell University’s School of Industrial Labor
"We are honored to host Chairman Pearce at
the University of Arkansas School of Law," Dean Emeritus Cynthia
Nance, who is the Nathan G. Gordan professor of law and director of pro bono
and community service, said. "Our students are fortunate to learn from this
dynamic leader who has faced some of the nation's most interesting labor law
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.