The University of Arkansas (UA) recently highlighted the diverse career opportunities associated with psychology degrees by checking in with alumna Brandie Patton, who works for the Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Global Investigations, Security Aviation and Travel department.
Patton graduated from the Department of
Psychological Science, in the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. She worked briefly in logistics before going to law school.
"Going to law school was a new idea
for me," Patton said. "I didn't know that I wanted to do it at first,
but my psychology degree played very well into studying for and taking the
In her current role with Walmart, Patton
says her the education she received in psychology has helped her in her
interpersonal communications during investigations. This includes interviewing
people about alleged violations, like fraud, harassment or ethics infractions,
and evaluating and communicating the results of her investigations with the
company’s legal and ethics departments.
"I would say it's extremely relevant
all the time," she said. "A psychology degree is diverse, and you can
use a psychology degree to go into any career that you want."
Patton also recognized the interconnected
nature of the UA psychology department, which she has kept in touch with
throughout her career.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico