The University of Arkansas (UA) recently highlighted the diverse career opportunities associated with psychology degrees by checking in with alumna Brandie Patton, who works for the Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Global Investigations, Security Aviation and Travel department.
Patton graduated from the Department of
Psychological Science, in the J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. She worked briefly in logistics before going to law school.
"Going to law school was a new idea
for me," Patton said. "I didn't know that I wanted to do it at first,
but my psychology degree played very well into studying for and taking the
In her current role with Walmart, Patton
says her the education she received in psychology has helped her in her
interpersonal communications during investigations. This includes interviewing
people about alleged violations, like fraud, harassment or ethics infractions,
and evaluating and communicating the results of her investigations with the
company’s legal and ethics departments.
"I would say it's extremely relevant
all the time," she said. "A psychology degree is diverse, and you can
use a psychology degree to go into any career that you want."
Patton also recognized the interconnected
nature of the UA psychology department, which she has kept in touch with
throughout her career.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.