The Blinn College Theatre Arts Program was recently recognized by Mayor Milton Tate and the Brenham City Council for 50 years of success.
The honoring of the Arts Program took place on Thursday, Nov. 17, at the recent Brenham City Council meeting.
“The mission of the Blinn College Theatre Arts Program in
Brenham and Bryan is to provide a quality education through study, application,
and experience,” Tate said. “Blinn is committed to engaging the college and
area communities with a diverse offering of venues, interactions, and
During the meeting, Tate read a proclamation highlighting
the accomplishments of the program since it began in 1967.
In attendance at the meeting were Brad Nies, director of Brenham
Campus Theatre Arts; Dr. Debbi Vavra, assistant academic dean; Dr. Marcelo
Bussiki, academic dean; and Mel Waxler, executive vice president and general counsel.
“This is one of the highest honors that can be given to the
Theatre Arts Program,” Nies, who has been with the Theatre Arts Program
for 26 years, said. “The proclamation demonstrates that we not only serve our
students, but we also provide quality entertainment for our community.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Blinn College ?
Next time we write about Blinn College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 543 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Humacao
- Cost of college went up for all students at Trinity College of Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 4,802 degrees, certificates from Lamar University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Escuela de Artes Plasticas y Diseno de Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza