Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) recently recognized a Bradley University student and Bradley Police Officer with Community Resuscitation Awards for their first aid efforts to help a Bradley student who recently collapsed on campus due to cardiac arrest.
Bradley senior Brianna Seeberger responded
to shouts for someone to call 9-1-1 in Olin Hall by jumping into action. Finding
another student under a table, she pulled him into a clear space and began
compressions and rescue breaths.
Seeberger was relieved by Bradley Police
Officer Sean Savage, who immediately began CPR upon arriving on the scene and
continued providing it until paramedics arrived.
The student was fully resuscitated by
paramedics with the use of an AED. He is currently continuing his recovery.
Seeberger and Savage received their awards,
presented by AMT Community Resource Manager Josh Bradshaw, in a small ceremony
at the Bradley University Police Department.
Bradley University has nearly 30 AEDs
located throughout its campus, several of which were recently donated by AMT.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bradley University ?
Next time we write about Bradley University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Leadership, Management and Administration: Understanding the Differences
- BERRY COLLEGE: Career and Internship Fair to be Held February 20
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: eRecycle Initiative Hits Impressive Milestone
- BERRY COLLEGE: Gender Worldwide Film Series: Mother of Geoge to be Held February 12
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: AU Strengthens Ties to Community by ‘Working with Washington’
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Update on the Novel Coronavirus
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Farmers, ranchers invited to CCCC basketball game
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Research explores MS at college
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Study finds increasing racism linked to cell aging in African Americans
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Family Discovery Hike: Hibernation & Brumation to be Held January 14