Advanced Medical Transport (AMT) recently recognized a Bradley University student and Bradley Police Officer with Community Resuscitation Awards for their first aid efforts to help a Bradley student who recently collapsed on campus due to cardiac arrest.
Bradley senior Brianna Seeberger responded
to shouts for someone to call 9-1-1 in Olin Hall by jumping into action. Finding
another student under a table, she pulled him into a clear space and began
compressions and rescue breaths.
Seeberger was relieved by Bradley Police
Officer Sean Savage, who immediately began CPR upon arriving on the scene and
continued providing it until paramedics arrived.
The student was fully resuscitated by
paramedics with the use of an AED. He is currently continuing his recovery.
Seeberger and Savage received their awards,
presented by AMT Community Resource Manager Josh Bradshaw, in a small ceremony
at the Bradley University Police Department.
Bradley University has nearly 30 AEDs
located throughout its campus, several of which were recently donated by AMT.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bradley University ?
Next time we write about Bradley University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Swedes Split on Day One of Baker International
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Caltech Faculty Honored with Breakthrough and New Horizons Prizes
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Ranked Third in the Nation for Student Engagement by Wall Street Journal
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- ALMA COLLEGE: Hispanic Heritage Month: Fiesta/Baile, Health Workshop
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: A Conversation with Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Labor Day to be Held September 2