Recently, Senior Madison Cole was chosen as the student leader of the month for November at the University of Arkansas.
The Student Leader of the Month award finds students who exhibit extraordinary skills in leadership through a number of areas, including volunteering, community service and leadership opportunities. The award is sponsored by the New Student & Family Programs.
Cole's involvement at the University of Arkansas has been extensive, as she is a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma Sorority, the director of alumni relations on the Student Alumni Association, president of the Order of Omega Honors Society and also a member of the Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Medical Society.
Cole's desire to play a role in these different clubs and societies has come from her wish to interact with a wide range of populations. She also credits her involvement with wanting to leave an impression on the campus and individuals there.
In a conversation with Cole, she explained what was required to be a good leader, stating that one should lead selflessly and put others' concerns ahead of your own.
"With the quality of integrity comes honesty, truthfulness, responsibility and a leader with sound values; I also think a very important quality a leader should have is an encouraging spirit," Cole said.
She thanked her brother, Austin Cole, for his positive influence on her life and for being her mentor.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30