The University of Tampa has announced the newest addition of criminology and criminal justice to its list of master's degree programs, beginning in fall 2017.
The coursework that will be offered is useful for individuals who are pursuing practitioner or management careers in the areas of criminal justice and public safety.
In addition to granting students master's degrees, the program will also allow for those who wish to work toward doctoral studies.
Students in the program will learn about the criminal justice system, approaches of crime prevention and more, as they work in either a thesis or non-thesis track. Those who are interested in careers in corrections, probation and parole, victim advocacy, criminal justice or law enforcement will benefit from this program's coursework and the research that will be conducted alongside faculty members.
Chris Capsambelis, associate professor of criminology and criminal justice and director of the master's program, shared his excitement about the program.
"(It is) ideal for both our undergraduates who wish to continue their studies and for those criminal justice professionals currently working in the Tampa Bay area," he said.
The program has been designed with the working student in mind, allowing those enrolled in the program to begin in whatever term they desire. Necessary courses can be completed in a matter of two years' time.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about The University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about The University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 543 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Humacao
- Cost of college went up for all students at Trinity College of Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 4,802 degrees, certificates from Lamar University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Escuela de Artes Plasticas y Diseno de Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza