Steve Gunderson, president and CEO at Career Education Colleges and Universities (CECU), recently released a statement on the decision the U.S. Department of Education handed down regarding ACICS.
“In denying ACICS’ appeal, the U.S. Department of Education
continues their campaign to inflict as much harm as possible on students attending
private sector higher education before they leave office,” Gunderson said. “The
political appointees behind this decision will not have to bear the cost of
this decision. Instead, it will fall on students, dedicated faculty and staff,
and dozens of small businesses, when hundreds of campuses are unable to get
reaccredited. And, ultimately, the American taxpayer will once again be forced to
pick up the tab for these actions.”
Gunderson went on to accuse the current administration of politicizing education, claiming that it has done so to a greater extent
than any before it.
Since the election last month, the U.S. Department of
Education has, according to Gunderson, “forcibly shut down two colleges,
released faulty and biased gainful employment data, and attached overly burdensome and stringent conditions on the sale of a major institution to new
In conclusion, Gunderson expressed hope that the Trump administration will handle education better than the current one.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Career Education Colleges Universities ?
Next time we write about Career Education Colleges Universities , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million