The University of Massachusetts Amherst has earned a ranking among the "100 Best Values in Public Colleges" from Kiplinger for the eighth year in a row.
The list is issued in the Personal Finance magazine every year, which finds the schools with the best education for the most reasonable economic value, using information from more than 600 public four-year schools, though only a fraction of the institutions make the final list.
The cost comprises 45 percent and the quality of the education comprises the remaining 55 percent, for the final ranking.
In order to find the academic standing of the school, Kiplinger examines SAT and ACT scores, admission and retention rates, as well as student-faculty ratios, four-year graduation rates, six-year graduation rates and the percentages of students who return in their second year.
Finding the economic quality, Kiplinger looks into total expenses for in-state students, tuition, room, board, books, mandatory fees and other fees. The cost for students with needs -- after subtracting grants versus the cost for students without need, after subtracting non-need-based grants -- is also taken into consideration for the final rankings each year.
University of Massachusetts Amherst is proud of its ability to consistently provide high-quality, affordable education to students.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Massachusetts Amherst ?
Next time we write about University of Massachusetts Amherst, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at Instituto de Educacion Tecnica Ocupacional La Reine-Manati
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Academia Serrant Inc
- Graduates earn 67 degrees from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Washington DC
- Graduates earn 472 degrees, certificates from Huertas College
- Graduates earn 344 degrees, certificates from CEM College-San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Graduates earn 2,191 degrees, certificates from Howard University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at IVAEM College
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de Bayamon