The University of Phoenix College of Health Professionals recently announced that Holly Orozco, academic dean at the College of Health Professionals, has been appointed to the Arizona Public Health Association (AzPHA) board of directors.
Orozco will join health care professionals,
community advocates, educators and individuals who are interested in public
health on the AzPHA board of directors, where she will serve as the vice
“The importance of public health advocacy and resources in
our communities cannot be overstated,” Orozco said. “We have the opportunity to
improve health and outcomes in Arizona by advocating for healthy communities,
and I look forward to the opportunity to work toward this important mission
with the Arizona Public Health Association.”
Orozco’s appointment to the board is for four years, with
her serving as the president-elect next year and president in 2018.
“Arizona Public Health Association is very pleased to
welcome Holly Orozco to a leadership position on our board of directors,” AzPHA
Interim Executive Director Jeri Royce said. “The work of the Arizona Public
Health Association is focused around advocacy, professional development and
networking. Holly brings a depth of experience in public health locally and
nationally that will enhance the effectiveness of our organization.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.