Simpson University recently announced that three graduates of the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology (MACP) program have received $18,500 stipends for working with mental health patients.
The three students
are Teri Watts, Kao Syvirathphan and Chloe Lucas.
“These three students have demonstrated outstanding
achievement in learning and applying the concepts of community mental health
covered by the Mental Health Services Act,” Simpson Head of Adult and Graduate
Professional Studies Dr. Addie Jackson said. “All three embody Christ’s
teaching to be salt and light in a hurting world.”
Each of the three students received a Marriage and Family
Therapist (MFT) Education Stipend from the Greater Sacramento MFT Consortium.
Simpson’s MACP program is a member of the program.
“Receiving the stipend award helps to reinforce the
importance of Simpson’s desire to be a ‘Gateway to World Service’ by working
with underserved mental health clients in a rural community,” Syvirathephan
One reason Syvirathphan applied for the stipend was due to
“I am the eldest son and the first in my family to attend
college,” he said. “Due to limited financial resources with no grants or
scholarships available, I was working full-time to support my family while
completing my master’s.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Simpson University (Calif.) ?
Next time we write about Simpson University (Calif.), we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went down for all students at Columbia Central University-Caguas
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rice University
- Graduates earn 421 degrees, certificates from Universal Technology College of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute