Simpson University's second annual Red Hawk Ride will be taking place April 8, and early registration has begun.
Simpson University is located in Redding, California, and the biking event aims to encourage healthy living and cycling.
The multi-distance options make this a great event for families and athletes, with the distances being 6.2 miles, 25 miles, 50 miles and 100 miles, all of which begin and end at 2211 College View Dr.
In addition to the biking portion of the event, there will also be music, food, vendors and a climbing wall. The funds from the ride will help raise scholarship money for students of Simpson University.
Last year’s event attracted almost 100 participants.
Those interested can attend the pre-ride RedHawkRide Dinner, at 6:30 p.m. on April 7 for $10 admission.
The ride will begin at 6:30 a.m. and will end at 2 p.m.
Early registration for the ride is between $10 and $85, and runs until March 18. Registration after March 18 is $15 to $95. Children under 10 can participate for free. Along with a ticket to ride, the cost of registration includes breakfast, a water bottler and a swag bag.
To register online, visit simpson.edu/redhawkride.
Organizations in this story
Simpson University (Calif.) 2211 College View Drive Redding, CA - 96003
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success