The Patton College of Education at the University of Pikeville (UPIKE) has announced that all education program students passed the PRAXIS Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) test with a rate of 100 percent.
Aspiring teachers must take the PRAXIS test in order to achieve certification.
It is required by state law.
The next step for UPIKE education majors is to begin
student teaching in January at elementary, middle and high schools in Pike
county and at Pikeville Independent Schools.
“We are extremely proud of our aspiring teachers and
dedicated faculty and staff,” Patton College
of Education Interim Chairperson Coletta Parsley said. “These scores are one indicator of the quality of
our education programs within the Patton College of Education.”
UPIKE offers programs that prepare students for
certification eligibility in schools in Kentucky, as well. The university also
offers a Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Education, which gives students
personalized professional development as well as opportunities for practicing
educators to receive integrated learning.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Pikeville ?
Next time we write about University of Pikeville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space