Boise State University recently held its winter commencement, during which about 1,000 students received their degrees.
According to a news release, 322 students graduated with honors,
and the graduating class included students from 24 countries and 47
“Here at Boise State, you shared a common bond as Boise State
students, enriching and nurturing our campus culture with your own
unique experiences and perspectives,” Boise State President Bob
Kustra said at the ceremony. “It’s our fondest hope that because
of this experience, you are better prepared to face the career
challenges and opportunities that await you in a rapidly changing
Boise State expects to confer approximately 4,000 degrees this
year, and 1,937 students were eligible to receive 2,144 degrees and
certificates at the Winter Commencement ceremony. The 322 honors
graduates included 209 cum laude graduates, 97 magna cum laude
graduates and 16 summa cum laude graduates.
“To care deeply is to be passionate, and passion is a gift,”
Bethany Poythress, the commencement's student speaker, said. “It
makes life meaningful. Really commit to the cases and people you care
This year’s winter commencement also honored Rod Lewis, one of
the longest-serving members of the Idaho State Board of Education,
who was recognized for his service to the university, where he is on
the Board of Trustees.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.