Boise State University recently held its winter commencement, during which about 1,000 students received their degrees.
According to a news release, 322 students graduated with honors,
and the graduating class included students from 24 countries and 47
“Here at Boise State, you shared a common bond as Boise State
students, enriching and nurturing our campus culture with your own
unique experiences and perspectives,” Boise State President Bob
Kustra said at the ceremony. “It’s our fondest hope that because
of this experience, you are better prepared to face the career
challenges and opportunities that await you in a rapidly changing
Boise State expects to confer approximately 4,000 degrees this
year, and 1,937 students were eligible to receive 2,144 degrees and
certificates at the Winter Commencement ceremony. The 322 honors
graduates included 209 cum laude graduates, 97 magna cum laude
graduates and 16 summa cum laude graduates.
“To care deeply is to be passionate, and passion is a gift,”
Bethany Poythress, the commencement's student speaker, said. “It
makes life meaningful. Really commit to the cases and people you care
This year’s winter commencement also honored Rod Lewis, one of
the longest-serving members of the Idaho State Board of Education,
who was recognized for his service to the university, where he is on
the Board of Trustees.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Boise State University ?
Next time we write about Boise State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30