The addition of a faculty member of the University of Phoenix to the board of Jobs for Arizona Graduates is expected to strengthen the partnership between the two organizations.
Hinrich Eylers, executive dean of the university’s
School of Advanced Studies, joined the organization’s board Dec.
20, according to a news release. The two entities work together to
encourage students to finish high school and explore career and
college opportunities. The university’s Leads Program allows
faculty and staff to mentor select students from area high schools.
“Throughout its three decades of operation, JAG has helped
thousands of young people stay focused on their education,” Eylers
said in the news release. “Ensuring the success of those pursuing
their educational goals is a worthwhile effort, and I look forward to
working with Jobs for Arizona’s Graduates.”
Eylers earned a
physics degree from Technische Universität Munchen in Germany, an
MBA from DeVry University’s Keller School of Management, and a
master’s and Ph.D. from the California Institute of
“Dr. Eylers’ unwavering commitment to the students
at University of Phoenix and in the Arizona community overall makes
him an ideal board member,” Graciela Candia, president of Jobs for
Arizona’s Graduates, said. “His energy, expertise and experience
will be a valuable asset to our organization and the students we
Jobs for Arizona Graduates operates more than two dozen
programs serving 1,200 students across the state. More information is
available at http://jagaz.org.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: SCSD Receives Grant from Parkinson Voice Project
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany Lands 12 Teams on Naia Scholar Teams List